WHAT IS A RIVERBEND MEMBERSHIP?
• The Club membership is a private, non-equity membership with exclusive use of Riverbend’s lodging, dining rooms, spa, and grounds. A Golf membership is also available.
• The Club membership includes membership at River Wildlife (Hunt/Lodge category), Sports Core (Fitness membership category), Kohler Waters Spa, and “members-only” privileges on Blackwolf Run & Whistling Straits Golf Courses. Golf privileges vary based on the level of Membership selected.
WHAT CATEGORIES OF MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE OFFERED?
• North American
WHAT LEVELS OF MEMBERSHIP UNDER THE MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES ARE OFFERED?
WHAT PRIVILEGES ARE INCLUDED WITH THE CLUB LEVEL?
• Use of Riverbend’s lodging, dining rooms, spa, and grounds, as well as membership privileges at River Wildlife, Sports Core, Kohler Waters Spa, and access to “member only” tee times at Blackwolf Run & Whistling Straits Golf Courses.
WHAT PRIVILEGES ARE INCLUDED WITH THE GOLF LEVEL?
• All privileges included in the Club membership, along with complimentary green fees on the Member course of the day, for all eligible Members within the defined membership. Also, a Golf Membership entitles the Member to make tee times for unaccompanied guests two weeks in advance on the Member course of the day using Member only tee times, based on availability. The Member course of the day rotates between the four Kohler Co. owned golf courses—at Blackwolf Run, the River and Meadow Valleys Courses and at Whistling Straits, the Straits and Irish Courses. Practice range access is complimentary for Members and guests. Applicable fees are charged for caddies and/or golf carts.
WHAT PRIVILEGES ARE INCLUDED WITH A CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP?
• The Corporate Member is recognized as the owner of the individual corporate memberships. The Corporate Membership category provides a discount on the initiation fee when three or more individual memberships are purchased by one entity. Corporate Members receive complimentary use of the boardroom based on space availability. Also, Corporate Members gain the right to send unaccompanied guests November through April.
WHAT PRIVLEGES ARE INCLUDED WITH A BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP?
• The Business Membership category provides a member with added benefits without having to purchase a Corporate Membership. Business Members pay an extra 30% on their annual dues from the selected level of membership, either Club or Golf. Benefits include a 50% reduction in the boardroom fee and the ability to lodge unaccompanied guests from November through April. This is limited to a total of 25 room nights.
WHO IS CONSIDERED A NORTH AMERICAN MEMBER?
• The North American Membership category has been created for those members with a primary residence outside of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan. North American Members pay 60% of the initiation fee and 80% of the annual dues from the selected level of membership, either Club or Golf. All other rights and privileges apply.
WHO IS CONSIDERED AN INTERNATIONAL MEMBER?
• The International Membership category has been created for those members with a primary residence outside of the 48 continental United States, Canada and Mexico. International Members pay 40% of the initiation fee and 65% of the annual dues from the selected level of membership, either Club or Golf. All other rights and privileges apply.
WHAT PRIVLEGES ARE INCLUDED AT ST. ANDREWS?
• Club and Golf level Members receive a 15% discount on guest rooms at Old Course Hotel, retail discount at the 2 pro shops and spa discount of 20% Monday-Friday. Club Members receive the “guest of member” rate on the Duke’s Course and Golf members receive complimentary greens fees on the Duke’s Course.
WHO IS INCLUDED IN A MEMBERSHIP?
• A membership includes your legally married spouse and your unmarried children 22 years of age and under who are either living at home, attending school on a full-time basis or are in the Armed Forces.
WHAT IS THE TEE TIME RESERVATION POLICY?
• Golf Members may reserve tee times up to one year in advance (limit of two per day) on the Member course of the day.
• Golf Members are entitled to make tee times for unaccompanied guests two weeks in advance on the Member course of the day using Member only tee times, based on availability.
• For Club Members, tee times may be made no more than two weeks in advance of play (limit of one per day) on the Member course of the day.
• For Corporate Members, the same policies apply based on Club or Golf membership type.
WHAT IS THE MEMBER COURSE OF THE DAY?
• One of the four courses (Blackwolf Run: River and Meadow Valleys, Whistling Straits: Straits and Irish) is designated the Member course of the day. The four courses are on a rotating schedule.
• The course schedules are determined a season in advance, but are subject to change.
• A morning block of tee times and an afternoon block of tee times are held for Members Monday through Friday; on Saturday and Sunday only a block of times in the morning are reserved.
WHAT OTHER AMENITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THE ANNUAL DUES FOR A GOLF MEMBERSHIP?
• At the golf course facilities: permanent locker (at Blackwolf Run), shoe service, practice range use, bag storage, USGA handicap.
• Complimentary green fees on the Member course of the day.
WILL CHARGING PRIVILEGES BE ALLOWED AT OTHER KOHLER CO. HOSPITALITY AND REAL ESTATE OWNED OUTLETS?
• Yes. Riverbend Members will be issued a card that may be used at: River Wildlife, Sports Core, Kohler Waters Spa, Blackwolf Run, Whistling Straits, The American Club, Cucina, Inn on Woodlake, Scentualities, Kohler Gardener, Craverie and Wisconsin Trader.
WHAT IF I ALREADY BELONG TO THE SPORTS CORE, RIVER WILDLIFE, AND/OR KOHLER WATERS SPA?
• Your membership will be transferred and combined with your Riverbend memberships. Any memberships fees paid in advance at these other facilities will be credited toward your membership dues at Riverbend. Riverbend will become your primary membership for all billing. You will continue to receive membership mailings and newsletters from the other clubs.
HOW ARE ANNUAL DUES ESTABLISHED?
• Annual dues are established by the management of the Kohler Co. Hospitality and Real Estate Group. Dues will increase annually by an amount that will be at, or less than, the third quarter Consumer Price Index for the prior twelve months plus 2%. Dues will be announced by December 1 for the upcoming membership year beginning January 1.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CONVERT TO A GOLF MEMBERSHIP AFTER JOINING AS A CLUB MEMBER?
• To change classification from Club to Golf, you must notify the Riverbend Membership Director in writing. Upon receipt of payment for the incremental dues, your new classification is active. There is no proration of the incremental amount.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CONVERT TO A CLUB MEMBERSHIP AFTER JOINING AS A GOLF MEMBER?
• To change classification from Golf to Club, you must notify the Riverbend Membership Director in writing by November 15 for the upcoming membership year, which begins on January 1. You cannot change from Golf to Club after you have paid for a membership year.
AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE GUESTS?
• At Riverbend, guests must be accompanied by a Member.
• At the golf courses, accompanied guests of Golf Members would be allowed daily for reduced green fees (80% of prevailing rates), maximum of 7 guests per day.
• At the golf courses, unaccompanied guests of Golf Members will be allowed at prevailing rates based on availability on the Member course of the day a maximum of two weeks in advance.
• Management reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may be a guest at Riverbend or have golf course access during the Members course of the day tee times.
WHAT FACILITIES ARE AVAILABLE AT RIVERBEND?
• Lodging Accommodations: 31 guest rooms are available in four room categories. In 2011, during the high season (May through October) rates will range from $245 to $1,190 per night. In low season (November through April) rates will range from $200 to $805 per night.
• All rooms have fireplaces, wet bars with refrigerators, Baker furnishings, tiled bathrooms with oversized whirlpool tubs with showers, phones with second line for modem use, and TV with DVD player. Members pay for use of accommodations. Different fees are charged for Members and guests.
Club Rooms (average of 383 square feet): These 12 rooms have all items listed above with small sitting areas. 11 of the rooms have king size beds; one room has a queen size bed.
Manor Rooms (average of 450 square feet): These 15 rooms have all items listed above with larger sitting areas. All of these rooms have king size beds.
Coach House Suites (average of 650 square feet): These two rooms have all items listed above, king beds, a separate sitting room and bedroom. The bathroom has an oversized whirlpool tub and separate shower.
Governor’s Suites (average of 840 square feet): These two rooms are spacious suites with a separate sitting and entertaining space. In addition to the items listed above, they feature a bedroom with king bed, bathroom with two lavatories, oversized whirlpool tub and Kohler Body Spas. One Governor’s suite can connect to a Manor room to provide a private two bedroom suite.
• Dining: Riverbend has two dining rooms providing total seating for 66. During the golfing season, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served; reservations by Members not staying on property are required. During the winter season, dining will be available based on reservations and Member demand.
• Public Areas and Other Facilities: Riverbend public areas include a solarium, living room, and library for use by Members and their guests. You are welcome to visit the original greenhouse which has been restored for use by the culinary staff. Riverbend has a Rathskeller with a billiard table and bar, a spa with men’s and women’s locker rooms and separate steam rooms, three treatment rooms for spa services, a finishing salon, and co-ed exercise room and sauna. An oversize indoor whirlpool that leads to a swim-through channel to a year-around outdoor heated swimming pond. There is a private, outdoor massage area near the river. The grounds have a croquet court, putting green, terraces for relaxing, sunning, or dining, a historic teahouse perched over the Sheboygan River, and a dock with a small electric boat for use on the river.
• Transportation: Riverbend staff will provide transportation to other Kohler Co. facilities as requested. Golf clubs that are checked with a staff member upon arrival will automatically be transferred to the appropriate course. A four passenger electric boat is available for use on the Sheboygan River.
WILL RIVERBEND OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES TO ITS MEMBERS?
• Yes. The Riverbend Hall Ambassador will assist with any arrangements while visiting Kohler.
MAY I SELL MY RIVERBEND MEMBERSHIP ON MY OWN?
• Members will not be allowed to sell their membership on their own.
WILL MY SPOUSE OR FAMILY BE ENTITLED TO MY MEMBERSHIP UPON MY DEATH?
• Yes. Your spouse or immediate family members may continue as Riverbend Members without payment of any additional initiation fee.
AM I ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF MY INITIATION FEE?
• Possibly, you maybe entitled to an 80% refund. The refund shall be made assuming a new member has joined Riverbend as your replacement. If you resign within the first 10 years of your membership, you will not receive a refund until your 10 year anniversary of joining Riverbend, provided someone else has joined as a replacement member. If you resign after 10 years, you will receive your refund provided someone else joins as a replacement member.
IF I RESIGN MY MEMBERSHIP, WILL I BE OBLIGATED TO CONTINUE PAYING DUES?
• Your dues are not refunded for the remainder of the membership year in which you resigned. No dues are assessed for additional years that the deposit is held.
CAN MEMBERS BE ASSESSED FOR OPERATING DEFICITS OR CAPITAL IMPROVEMENTS?
• No. Operating expenses and capital improvements are the sole responsibility of Riverbend.
WILL THERE BE ANY MONTHLY, QUARTERLY OR YEARLY MINIMUM SPENDING REQUIREMENTS?
WHAT ABOUT DIVORCE?
• In the unfortunate instance of a legal separation or divorce, the primary designee of each membership would retain rights unless otherwise directed by a court of law.
HOW DO WE TREAT CHILDREN OVER 22 YEARS OLD?
• Family members over 22 years of age will be treated as guests of the primary Member.
WHO OPERATES RIVERBEND?
• The Hospitality & Real Estate Group of Kohler Co. is responsible for the operation.
HOW DO I BEST ACCESS RIVERBEND?
• By car, Riverbend is located on Lower Falls Road (County Trunk PP), about one mile from The American Club.
• By private aircraft, Sheboygan Memorial Airport is about six and a half miles from Riverbend. The airport handles all private aircraft and small commercial planes. Riverbend will provide transportation from the local airport upon request.
• By commercial aircraft, Milwaukee’s General Mitchell field is about 60 miles from Riverbend. A number of major airlines service Milwaukee from all over the world. Commercial transportation arrangements will be made upon request.